South Siam Divers - FAQ
Why is the built-in currency converter on the web site not working?
- If the currency converter reloads the page when you select another currency, but the prices still stay on Thai Baht, then something on your computer is blocking Cookies.
Do you provide towels on the boats?
- No. We do not at this time provide towels on the boats. Please bring towels with you if you need one.
- The trip cost includes transfers from your hotel to the boats and back if you stay in the following areas...
- Khao Lak (liveaboard trips only)
- Bang Nieng
- Nang Thong
- in Phuket...
- Below is a list of areas which does not include transfers. We can still transfer you if you stay in the following areas, but there will be a surcharge per person...
- Cape Panwa - 500 Baht
- Phuket Town - 500 Baht
- Naiharn Beach - 300 Baht
- Rawai Beach - 300 Baht
- Andaman White Beach - Minimum 1,500 Baht(Phuket Daytrip) - 500 Baht (Similan)
- Surin Beach - 500 Baht
- Sheraton Grand Laguna - 500 Baht
- Kamala Beach - 300 Baht
- Bang Tao Beach - 500 Baht (Phuket Daytrips) - 500 Baht (Similans)
- J.W. Marriot - - Minimum 1,500 Baht(Phuket Daytrip) - 500 Baht (Similan)
- If you stay outside of any of these areas or you're not sure, please contact us and we'll advise you of any potential transfer fees.
At what time will we be picked up at our hotel?
- It depends on the location of your hotel and which trip you're going on.
- For Liveaboard trips...
- somewhere between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. on Phuket Island
- somewhere between 7:45 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. in Khao Lak
- For Day Trips... somewhere between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- You'll be advised of your approximate pick-up time when you let us know where you'll be staying.
- Please note that everybody in the same area is given the same pick-up times. You might be the first pick-up at the given time or the last pick-up a little bit later, but please be ready at the pick-up point at the given time. Please don't panic if the driver is 10 or 15 minutes "late".
- For Liveaboard trips...
Can we be picked up at the airport and transferred straight to the boat?
- If you can make it through customs and immigration and be outside the arrivals hall by 7:00 a.m. then we can transfer you straight from the airport to the boat. If you can not make it by 7:00 a.m. then you'll have to wait until the next day to go to the boat.
When will I be back at my hotel after the trip?
- It depends on the location of your hotel and which trip you went on.
- For Liveaboard Trips... somewhere between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. (18:00 and 20:00)
- For Day Trips... somewhere between 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. (15:30 and 18:00)
Can you take me from the dive boat straight to the airport?
- If you have been diving in the last 18+ hours then you should not be flying as you should know.
- If you really want to go straight from the boat to the airport, you would have to be a non-diver for your last day on the boat.
- If you have not been diving for the last 18 to 24 hours then we could transfer you straight to the airport from the boat, providing that you follow our normal transfer times. Your flight will have to be well after 20:00.
- No. We used to include the Park Fees in the past, but we do unfortunately not include the fees anymore; sorry.
- The National Park Fees is currently calculated as follows...
- 500 Baht for entry into the Similans (divers and non-divers) plus...
- 200 Baht per diver per day
- 700 Baht for entry into Richelieu Rock (divers) plus...
- Please note that the National Park Fee is set by the National Park and is subject to change without notice.
- No. Equipment is not included and is charged per day as follows...
- Full Set special package price: 500 Baht per set per day
- Individual parts if you don’t need a full set...
- BCD: 200 Baht / day
- Regulators: 200 Baht / day
- Wetsuit: 100 Baht / day
- Mask & Snorkel: 50 Baht / day
- Fins: 50 Baht / day
Does the trip cost include a dive guide?
- Yes. The trip cost includes a 'shared' dive guide, i.e. there will be about 5 or 6 divers in your group, including the dive guide.
- If you would like to have your own private dive guide, that can be arranged for an additional fee.
Does the trip cost include insurance?
- Yes. The trip cost does include insurance for medical expenses and decompression chamber for up to a maximum of 500,000 Baht per incident.
- Our insurance does not include cover for damage to or loss of your personal belongings / equipment / luggage etc.
- We highly recommend that our guests purchase additional insurance to cover personal belongings and any potential medical expenses in excess of our insurance coverage.
- Divers Alert Network provides insurance coverage for divers.
- Yes. We can temporarily pencil you in for a day or two, but we do need at least a 30% deposit to secure a dive trip or course reservation and full payment for guesthouse reservations.
- We cannot keep any reservation without a deposit and no availability is guaranteed until we’ve received a deposit.
- Any balance due can be paid after your arrival to Phuket.
How can I make the deposit payment?
- The deposit can be paid by credit card or by bank transfer.
- We will e-mail you payment instructions after we’ve checked availability.
- Secure Credit Card payments can be made...
- online via PayPal
- Your credit card will be charged in US$
- The Thai Baht amount due will be converted to a US$ amount using the exchange rate from our bank as it is at the time that you make payment.
- Accepted Credit Cards...
- Please note that online payment is not available for some countries and some countries are limited to using only certain credit cards; for example... we can only accept Visa & MasterCard for Australia; not AMEX etc.
- or by faxing our Credit Card payment form to our office
- Please fax the completed form back to us at +66-76-286-020
- Your credit card will be charged in Thai Baht or US$; your choice.
- Accepted Credit Cards...
- SCB cards
- online via PayPal
Are the Liveaboard cabins air-conditioned?
- Yes. All cabins are air-conditioned and have their own individual control for the air-conditioning.
Do you have electrical power points available on the boat?
- All cabins have standard Thailand 220v power points... the same as hotels etc.
Do the cabins have their own private bathrooms attached to the cabins (en-suite)?
- No. The liveaboard boats each have 6 bathrooms with hot shower, toilet, basin etc.
How many dives do we make per day?
- On the Liveaboard trips... maximum 4 dives per day except for your last day on the boat when you only do 3 dives.
- On the daytrips... from 2 to 3 dives.
Can I make more than 4 dives per day?
- No. You have to dive with our dive guides and it would be unfair of us to expect our guides to do more than 4 dives per day. They already dive 4 dives a day, sometimes 7+ days in a row and diving even more would put them at an unacceptable risk of getting decompression sickness.
Can I dive without your dive guide?
- If you are a certified Dive Master or equivalent, have the required surface marker buoys etc and our staff feel you would be OK, then you could possibly dive without our dive guide at your own risk
- We highly recommend that you dive with one of our guides, not only for your own safety, but also because our guides know the dive sites like the back of their hands and you would / could miss some good diving by not following our guides.
- We reserve the final say as to whether you will be allowed to dive without our guides or not. Should our staff feel for whatever reason that you should not be allowed to dive without one of our guides, their decision is final.
- If you cancel your reservation more than 45 days before trip departure then we’ll refund your deposit minus any bank charges.
- If you cancel your reservation less than 45 days before trip departure then you lose your deposit that you paid.
- If you cancel your reservation less than 48 hours before trip departure or if you stop your trip early then you lose the total trip cost; i.e. you have to pay for your reservation in full.